Friday, January 9, 2009

Using the economic meltdown as a hatchet?

Everyday we hear of more and more people being let go from their jobs. We listen to the media and all the reports are negative. Only recently, President-Elect Barrack Obama mentioned that things are going to get worse. Now, when things like this are being said daily what do you think businesses are going to do? For example, are they going to advertise more? No! Are they going to look for ways to cut expenses? Yes!


If this is constantly toted around businesses will wither away because they cannot plan to increase revenues in the future when the economy is contracting. What do you think will happen to jobs? They will go also. Businesses will start cutting jobs, decrease spending, banks will stop lending even more and then blame it on the economy.


It's like you think something is going to happen to you then it will. Why can't people begin to say positive things about the global economy that will change our mindset and increase productivity and growth? It feels like we are just stuck and saying the same thing over and over with no real action. It seems as though many companies are using the economic meltdown as a hatchet. It will stunt the growth of businesses eventually.


Let's start a worldwide brainstorm of what we can do to get it right this time! Let's move forward!


Global thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome you to my blog! I do hope you enjoy reading my posts!

About Me

My photo
Creative Ideaswas founded and started after experimenting with my creative side. I love making things; whether it's a candle, a piece of jewellery or cooking up some recipe. I enjoy making candles and creating various colours and scents to suit every palette, particularly from natural products. I am also an avid reader and movie person. I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures. My inspiration is truly Caribbean as that is where I was born and grew up most of my life. So I do hope you enjoy sharing and learning with me on this journey. I invite you to drop me a line or two or leave your comments on the blog. God Bless!