Saturday, January 24, 2009

Internet marketing can be overwhelming

I am writing this blog as an extension to a question raised by one of my network marketing partners requesting a step by step process to Internet marketing. A few months ago while I was searching for employment I started to explore the Internet for home based opportunities. I was introduced to Internet marketing using methods such as pay per click (PPC) and other methods. I was on my way to learn my new found way of marketing but after a few days I became so bombarded with email from every which way and thought this is not going to work out for me, it was way too much information to track. Now I am able to sort the trash amidst the noise on the Internet.

Months later, I still had not gotten back to it. However, after my primary business was not going according to plan, I started looking for ways to increase my leads and get new prospects to grow my business. I found a program on one of the forums called the MLSP which I started to investigate and I am using to keep me focus on what I wanted to achieve.

If you are reading this blog and want to learn the basics of Internet marketing try looking at some forums with other marketers to learn the methods and strategies you can use to succeed. Remember, you can purchase a system but you have to put in the work to make it work for you.

You first goal is to become Internet savvy. Learn about blogs, free advertising, copy writing and articles etc. Choose the one you are comfortable with and use that as your marketing method. Learn the various ways that you can market your business opportunities. It's never too late to start learning, in fact, I believe in life long learning.

Don't become overwhelmed with all the stuff out there but focus on one system at a time. Look for your target market and get to work with them. If you don't have a target market you will not be focused and will be all over the place. Be aware of self proclaimed gurus promoting their products. Look for reputable individuals and companies with some history. I will be sharing more on this topic in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome you to my blog! I do hope you enjoy reading my posts!

About Me

My photo
Creative Ideaswas founded and started after experimenting with my creative side. I love making things; whether it's a candle, a piece of jewellery or cooking up some recipe. I enjoy making candles and creating various colours and scents to suit every palette, particularly from natural products. I am also an avid reader and movie person. I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures. My inspiration is truly Caribbean as that is where I was born and grew up most of my life. So I do hope you enjoy sharing and learning with me on this journey. I invite you to drop me a line or two or leave your comments on the blog. God Bless!