Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stand out from the pack

On a recent trip to Paris,I was sitting on the "Big Red Bus" tour and enjoying the beauty of the city on a bright,sunny but cold day when my husband looked over and said, "I could not live here". I looked him dead in the eye and asked "Why not?". He replied because it's different! I smiled at him and said "that's what I like about Paris, I love the difference!" We also visited Dubai and Abu Dhabi and my husband's ohs and ahs on decent into the Dubai International Airport made me laugh! He liked what he saw which he thought was really different. As you can see a person's perspective on what makes something different varies. I love the old, classic historic buildings of France, while he likes the new age designs of Dubai. Both these cities attract lots of tourists each year offering the same product but presented in a different way.

You see, I really like being different. It's the same thing that market leaders try to get across to businesses and individuals promoting products and services. This is what makes a product or service stands out from others in the market? This concept is called market differentiation. It's the value that is added to the product or services offered in the market place.

Think about the value you provide each time you as a leader provides a service or product with your Internet marketing business. Offer something different to your customers and clients other than what others online are offering. You could use skills acquired previously from a career or hobbies you really enjoy. This could become your primary business. If you don't stand out from the pack you won't succeed in your business.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome you to my blog! I do hope you enjoy reading my posts!

About Me

My photo
Creative Ideaswas founded and started after experimenting with my creative side. I love making things; whether it's a candle, a piece of jewellery or cooking up some recipe. I enjoy making candles and creating various colours and scents to suit every palette, particularly from natural products. I am also an avid reader and movie person. I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures. My inspiration is truly Caribbean as that is where I was born and grew up most of my life. So I do hope you enjoy sharing and learning with me on this journey. I invite you to drop me a line or two or leave your comments on the blog. God Bless!