Friday, January 9, 2009

Marketing "You"- Getting Started

We've all been to that place where we have started a business or we are about to start a business and we need to look for sources to get the message out to our customers and prospects. Today, I am going to look at marketing yourself and the steps taken to get started.

So you've set up your marketing campaign or your business is now ready to go to the market. You are well on your way to start the process of marketing your business. The first thing you need to do is to start with "You". Your customers or potential business partners are not going to look at your opportunity or products if they don't trust the person presenting it to them. Below I've set up a three step process which is necessary to help you get started marketing yourself.

Step 1. - Build Your List

You may have already set up your auto-responder by now whether you have a brick and mortar company or an online business. If you haven't you need to get to it as soon as possible. An auto- responder is an automated system used to generate emails, newsletters etc to your leads once they have signed on to your capture page on your website. Once your leads start rolling in from your capture page the first thing you should do is build a list of your leads. You have collected names and e-mail addresses for your prospects. Remember, you do NOT introduce your primary product at this stage. No selling recommended until you have built a relationship with your leads. Selling products only would not work!

Step 2. - Build Trust

Once your leads are receiving your email about what you are doing and how you can help them develop their business they will start to trust you as a leader. This is where you use forums, social networking media such as Facebook, Twitter, and of course your Blog. Send them information of value that they can use too. Now that your prospects view you as a leader, they will become interested in you and what you are doing.

Step 3. - Market to that list

After you've gone through step 1 and 2 it is now time to introduce your prospects to your primary business. Having built a relationship they will become more interested in your opportunity. Let them know how you can help them with their needs whether it is a product or service. Sell to your leads and prospects! Stick with it and be persistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome you to my blog! I do hope you enjoy reading my posts!

About Me

My photo
Creative Ideaswas founded and started after experimenting with my creative side. I love making things; whether it's a candle, a piece of jewellery or cooking up some recipe. I enjoy making candles and creating various colours and scents to suit every palette, particularly from natural products. I am also an avid reader and movie person. I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures. My inspiration is truly Caribbean as that is where I was born and grew up most of my life. So I do hope you enjoy sharing and learning with me on this journey. I invite you to drop me a line or two or leave your comments on the blog. God Bless!