Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blogging and Business Development

A few days ago I had an interesting conversation with an associate who after receiving some of my regular e-mail about my blog became interested in what I was doing. Wow! that's big, because this is my up line in one of my primary businesses. I was very encouraged by the suggestion of writing a book or teaching a course in Internet marketing. It brought back memories of when I was reading for my Masters degree, one of my lecturers made a similar suggestion about writing in the future.

I had never really taken this seriously until I started this blog with the aim of educating and enlightening in the field of business and Internet marketing. I must say that I am totally enjoying my new found love of blogging so writing a book will be a joy to do right now. This can also work for you too if you enjoy writing. You can use this as a stepping stone for business development.

As I mentioned before in a previous blog, the first step in business and Internet marketing is marketing yourself and self branding i.e this is what makes you stand out from the pack. Writing and creating your own material can help you develop and project yourself as a leader in your chosen field.

Not only is this a great step in improving your communication skills but it allows you to build some credibility. Believe in yourself and what you have to offer and you will see how it will take off.

Remember though, there are no shortcuts in Internet marketing so if you plan to use this as an avenue to grow your business, you will have to do the work to get it going. Blog regularly and provide some value to your readers.

Watch out for my newsletter coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome you to my blog! I do hope you enjoy reading my posts!

About Me

My photo
Creative Ideaswas founded and started after experimenting with my creative side. I love making things; whether it's a candle, a piece of jewellery or cooking up some recipe. I enjoy making candles and creating various colours and scents to suit every palette, particularly from natural products. I am also an avid reader and movie person. I enjoy travelling and learning about different cultures. My inspiration is truly Caribbean as that is where I was born and grew up most of my life. So I do hope you enjoy sharing and learning with me on this journey. I invite you to drop me a line or two or leave your comments on the blog. God Bless!